Chelsea have fired manager Antonio Conte after a two-year tenure in which he won the English Premier League and FA Cup.
Following media reports the Italian had been shown the door, the London club said on Friday: "We wish Antonio every success in his future career."
Chelsea's 64-word statement marks the end of a protracted dismissal and Blues supporters will hope for a swift about-turn and progress at the club.
The team's first game of pre-season is the July 23 friendly with A-League side Perth Glory in Perth, while the transfer window for Premier League clubs closes on August 9.
After winning the Premier League at the end of his first season in charge, Conte failed to get his preferred signings last summer and Chelsea finished only fifth in the league and were eliminated from the last 16 of the Champions League.
Former Juventus and Italy boss Conte signed a three-year contract before becoming Chelsea head coach in July 2016.
His deal was improved, but not extended, in July 2017 after the Premier League win, hinting at differences with the Blues hierarchy.
Speculation had shrouded his position last season, as Conte did little to hide his dissent over Chelsea's transfer business in the summer of 2017 and winter of 2017-18, making thinly veiled criticisms of "the club".
The 48-year-old's departure comes after Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis said on Wednesday that Chelsea were close to securing a deal for the Italian club's former boss Maurizio Sarri.
Sarri, 59, led Napoli to two second-place and one third-place finish in three seasons in charge.
He was replaced by former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti in May with the Naples club seeking to end Juventus' dominance in the league.
Chelsea take on Huddersfield Town in their opening fixture of the new Premier league campaign on August 11.