News

Water safety imperitive

By Yarrawonga Chronicle

The family of Cove Burns, a three-year-old Bundalong boy that sustained brain injuries after a pool accident earlier this year, urge the community to keep on top of water safety as well as health and safety procedures including CPR.

Cove was presented with a $1000 community grant from The Reject Shop Yarrawonga as part of The Reject Shop Foundation to aid in supporting Cove’s daily rehabilitation.

Team members of The Reject Shop were asked to apply for a community grant to go towards a local charity or worthwhile individual. 

Only 17 grants were given out with the local store lucky to be selected for the donation to go to Cove and his family after Store Manager Racheal nominated the family.

Cove’s family, mum Amy and aunty Emma reiterated the water safety message, advising people to check pool fencing and know how to administer life saving procedures. 

“If you get the opportunity, learn CPR; it literally saves lives,” said Cove’s aunty Emma and mum Amy.

“Check pool fencing and just be on top of water safety. It is so important and doesn’t take much to ensure that all safety procedures are in place.”