Ski club celebrates business achievement
Businesses in the Moira Shire, nominated and voted on by the community including the Mulwala Water Ski Club, were celebrated for their achievements at a gala awards night held on Thursday, July 28 at The Sebel Yarrawonga.
Yarrawonga Mulwala’s own Mulwala Water Ski Club won big at the awards, taking out the Best MOU Regional Business with Mulwala Water Ski Club CEO Peter Duncan saying he was very proud to win this fantastic local award.
“We don’t take winning this award for granted,” Mr Duncan said.
“It’s a true reflection of the management and staff and their dedication to providing great service to the community.
“We thank everyone for voting for us and Moira Shire Council for putting on such a fantastic awards evening at the Sebel Yarrawonga.”
Moira Shire Mayor Libro Mustica said the 2022 Moira Business Achievement Awards recognised businesses that had developed innovative ways to continue to retain and attract customers, shown leadership, and provided goods and services to our community.
“It is important to recognise those businesses in our region who have gone above and beyond to make a difference to their customers, their staff and the communities as a whole,” Cr Mustica said. “The three finalists in each of the eight categories were chosen from nominations submitted by members of the community.”
Cr Mustica said the awards were completely community driven and council received more than 840 nominations during the Award Nomination Period.
“The winner of each award was determined by a voting process, with the community encouraged to vote for their favourite business,” he said.
“The voting period was open for four weeks and during that time we received almost 19,000 votes, an unbelievable response.
“As a special acknowledgement, we also recognised key businesses for their outstanding achievement in winning state and national awards during the past 12 months.
“We have been overwhelmed by the engagement we have received from businesses and the community as a whole for the 2022 Moira Business Achievement Awards and I would like to thank them for getting involved and supporting this event.”
MC for the evening was well-known radio host and comic performer Anthony ‘Lehmo’ Lehmann and the two guest speakers were Director of Gouge Linen and Garment Services Rob Priestly and Coordinator for the Federal Government Industry Training Hub pilot program Kristen Elliott.
The 2022 Moira Business Achievement Award winners were –
• Best New Business – The Corner Shop Cobram
• Best Retail Business – Ambience Bakery Cobram
• Best Tourism Business – Cactus Country
• Best Agriculture Business – Eden Farm Produce
• Best Horticulture Business – Manto Produce
• Best Manufacturing Business – Padman Stops
• Best Professional Service – Nathalia Pharmacy
• Best MOU Regional Business – Mulwala Water Ski Club.
The Outstanding Business Recognition Awards winners were –
• Outstanding Achievement – Cactus Country on being named Trip Advisor’s Travellers’ Choice Award for Tourist Attraction 2022.
• Outstanding Achievement – Cactus Country on achieving Gold in the 2022 Victorian Tourism Awards.
• Outstanding Achievement – Noonan’s Showcase Jewellers on achieving 50 years in business.
• Outstanding Achievement – Noonan’s Showcase Jewellers for winning Best Jewellery Store at the Small Business Champion Awards 2021.
• Outstanding Achievement – De Maria Mitsubishi Motors on winning the 2021 Distinguished Dealer Award
• Outstanding Achievement – De Maria Mitsubishi Motors on winning the 2022 Distinguished Dealer Award
• Outstanding Achievement – CPE Construction on being named Medium Employer of the Year in the 2021 Victorian Training Awards.
• Outstanding Achievement – RACV Resort Cobram on being named Trip Advisor’s Travellers’ Choice Award for Tourist Attraction 2022.